CHONG HUA TONG TOU TECK HWEE (CHTTTH)
Terms and Conditions
1.Intellectual Property Rights
The information and materials located or hosted on, or linked to, our Website including user content (the “Materials”), the presentation and layout of the Materials are protected by and subjected to copyright, trademark and other forms of intellectual property and proprietary rights. Such Materials include, but are not limited to, any data, photographs, graphics, illustrations, designs, trade marks, logos, insignias or other devices, software programmes, downloadable files, software applications, interactive features, tools, services or other information or content made available on or through our Website.
Any unauthorized duplication, publication or distribution is prohibited.
2.Links to Other Website
1. Any links provided on our Website are provided for your convenience only. Should you leave our Website via any such link, the content that you view in such a linked web page or website owned or operated by third parties is not provided or controlled by us. You agree that your access to and/or use of such a linked web page or website is entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of access and/or use contained therein. We are not responsible for the consequences of your accessing the linked web page or website and/or the content contained or displayed in such web page or website. We make no guarantee, representation or warranty as to, and have no liability for, any content contained or displayed in such web page, website, including, but not limited to, guarantees, representations and warranties regarding adequacy, originality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reasonableness, non-infringement, suitability, satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose or any representations or warranties arising from usage, custom or trade or by operation of law.
2. Any such link to another linked web page or website on our Website does not constitute an endorsement, authorisation, verification or representation that we are affiliated with the operator(s) or owner(s) of those linked websites and/or apps, or the contents thereof.
1. You are responsible for safekeeping and maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You must not disclose to any person your password and shall not authorize any person to use your password for any purpose whatsoever. You agree to take reasonable measures and all due care to protect your password against misuse by third parties.
2. If you believe that the security or confidentiality of your password has been compromised, you have the responsibility to change your password. We shall not be liable for any claims, losses or damages resulting from any security breaches, unauthorised and/or fraudulent use or access of such web pages and/or sections of our Website with your User Account.
3.We may (at our sole discretion) and without giving any reason suspend or terminate your User Account and/or your use of the Website at any time with or without prior notice to you. Where we have not given prior notice, we shall as soon as practicable after the time of suspension or termination, give notice to you of such suspension or termination by such notification method as we may choose. Such termination shall be effective on and from the date specified in the notice.
4.Disclaimers and Exclusion of Liability
1. Due to the inherent defects of electronic distribution, there may be errors, delays, omissions, interruption, breach of security, corruption, unavailability of access in connection with or inaccuracies in the Materials or our Website (“Defects”). We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that access and use of our Website will be uninterrupted. We assume no responsibility for consequences of any such Defects even if either of us had been advised as to the possibility.
2. We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that our Website is free of malicious software, including, but not limited to, viruses, computer worms, Trojan horses, spyware or other harmful components (“Malicious Software”). We accept no liability for any loss, damage, claim liability, expense or costs that may result from any transmission of such Malicious Software via our Website (including, but not limited to, files downloaded from our Website), the use of the Materials or the use or access of our Website.
5.Uploading Content to our Website
1. Where you make use of a feature that allows you to create, upload, post or store content (including but not limited to messages, materials, data, graphics or other items or materials) (“User Content”) to our Website, or make use of any feature to or make contact with the operator or other users of our Website, you must comply with the content standards set out in this paragraph 5. The User Content must comply with applicable law in Singapore and in any country from which they are posted. User Content must not:
i. Contain any material which is defamatory of any person (including CHTTTH);
ii. Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
iii. Disclose or provide any other person’s personal data or user history (without their approval or authorisation of such purposes) or otherwise be in violation of any person’s privacy rights;
iv. Contain any material for sales, marketing, advertising, solicitation or other commercial purposes (except for such material that is expressly approved by CHTTTH in writing);
v. Infringe any intellectual property or proprietary right of any other person;
vi. Contain any content with seditious tendency or political references;
vii. Promote ill-will and hostility amongst the users;
2. You irrevocably and unconditionally represent and warrant that any User Content you upload to our Website or through our Website complies with the content standards set out above.
3. You irrevocably and unconditionally represent and warrant that any User Content you upload to our Website or through our Website does not violate, misappropriate or infringe the rights of any third party, including but not limited to privacy rights, copyrights, trademark, and/or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
4. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the User Content or the accuracy or legitimacy of any User Content posted by you or any other user of our Website.
5. Although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of User Content, we have the right to edit or remove your User Content from our Website where your User Content does not comply with the content standards set out in this paragraph 5 or if, in our opinion, your User Content restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website, or which may expose CHTTTH or any other users of the Website to any harm or liability of any type, and/or to termination or suspension of your rights to use the Website.
6. Enforcement of the content standards set out in this paragraph 5 is solely at our discretion, and failure to enforce any such standards in any instance does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such standards in other instances.
7.Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We may, from time to time and at any time, update or revise these Conditions. Such update or revision is effective upon publication on our Website. Your continued access and/or use of our Website will be deemed to constitute your conclusive acceptance of the updated or revised Conditions. The Materials are subject to change including, without limitation, modification, deletion or replacement thereof without notice.
(Effective Date : 1 July 2021)